12 April 2014 § Leave a comment
I love my new home! The winter white kept me inspired from November through April, though I think I was the only person in the Lakes Region excited by all the snow we got. Now that the spring thaw is in full swing, I’ve been getting out and about. Last week I went to New York City for a chapbook festival. Next week I go to Western Massachusetts for a reading at Flying Object…
…and next month I get to teach a three week workshop on bookbinding at the VynnArt Gallery in Meredith:-) I have given talks about chapbooks and bookbinding before, but this will be my first hands-on workshop. I look forward to sharing my passion for paper and thread with others. Maybe even with you?
Introduction to Bookbinding is designed for the absolute beginner, so no worries if you don’t know an awl from bone folder. And where else can you play with a guillotine? While the projects in this workshop are designed with 2D artists and photographers in mind, they can easily be adapted for writers wishing to make their own journals or bind their own writings into a collection. If there is enough interest, I’ll propose an intermediate workshop for autumn. But for now, download the workshop description and consider joining me for three weeks of wicked good fun putting paper in stitches while surrounded by Lakes Region art.
14 October 2011 § 2 Comments
- 4.5″ wide / 5.5″ high / 0.3″ thick
- 80 pages, celadon green parchment
- 5 signatures, 2 signatures have custom fold-outs
- 1 of 1, numbered and signed on last page
- title page can be customized with buyer’s choice of words/name in calligraphy (uncial in black ink)
- binding: 4 needle stitch, beeswax-coated Irish linen, embroidered with colored floss
- cover: ultra-flexible softcover made with “Europa” archival paper from 7gypsies
- disclosure: paper from reams salvaged from a university press, so some corners are dinged a bit
Additional photos available on Flickr. I am happy to answer any questions posted in the comments section.
IF YOU MISSED THIS ONE and would like a heads-up when the next one is released, please comment below and let me know. I’ll email you when the time comes.